Thursday, May 2, 2013

Congrats Cupcakadamus... for calling the same results as every hockey pundit out there...

Jumping the Cupcake shark: Part deux... don't appreciate the result, but gotta admire the process...

Eating your way to a Stanley Cup(cake) champion

Stay connected with SB Nation
Because why let anything other than cupcakes determine a champion?
The Stanley Cup Playoffs are the ultimate test of athleticism, strength and will to win. The athletes who play this crazy ice game have a threshold for pain that is beyond comprehension. They are truly brave individuals.
But when it came to figuring out a foolproof method for determining a winner for the 2013 edition of this tournament, I used none of these attributes. You see, the NHL has sent many of us in the Important, Elitist Media a set of 18 cupcakes: chocolate for the Western Conference, vanilla for the Eastern Conference, red velvet for the NHL and, finally, NBC-themed cupcakes. Corporate sponsorship: it's delicious!
All kidding aside, it is a fabulous gift to look at. The league and network, in conjunction with Crumbs Bakery, sent us a large Stanley-Cup-shaped cupcake holder with all of them inside. It just looks really cool.
Img_0196_medium
Anyway, I had an idea. Four bites seems like enough to properly dispose of a cupcake, and it takes four series victories to take the Stanley Cup. I asked SB Nation NHL editor Travis Hughes if I could post a photo essay of my attempt to pick a Stanley Cup Champion. I then asked SB Nation head honcho Spencer Hall if the company has insurance for "All Of The Diabetes," and he said "No." I was discouraged, but being discouraged is not what the Stanley Cup Playoffs are about, so I soldiered on and began my journey.
By the way, these were so, so great.
(NOTE: No, I DID NOT eat all of these. I had the help of my two younger brothers in this noble quest.) 

No Spoilers! Click here for the Cupcake breakdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment