Saturday, November 8, 2014

Riveting to me...

Witnessing remotely a nice little spanking of one of my least fave hockey clubs, the Canucks, at the hands of (2014 Stanley Cup Champion) LA Kings at home, thought I'd share with some random things that give me joy.


Realized I heard the first episode on NPR a while back, but so happy that it's turned into a full season's podcast.  SERIAL podcast is follows NPR reporter Sarah Keonig as she investigates the murder case of Baltimore teen Hae Min Lee in 1999, seemingly resting on very thin prosecution case and chalked full of investigative negligence.  She interviews law experts, witnesses, and the convicted, the victim's former boyfriend, Adnan Syed, who has been incarcerated 15 years for the crime. The listener follows the investigative journey with Keonig, theories come and go, and it's most darn addicting thing I've discovered in a long time.  New episodes every Thursday, which often (always) seems way too long.  Download on iTunes.

HOCKEY'S BACK!!
The 2014-15 NHL season has finally opened and a month in, it appears that our beloved LA Kings, save for a recent 1-4-1 almost road almost road trip blanking, a flurry of random injuries, and an
annoying salary cap sitch,
the Kings don't seem to be experiencing touch of a cup hangover.

Lucky our favorite hockey bloggers and tweeters are back to laugh and sometimes #barfcrybarf with us:




RUFIOOOOOOOO!
I don't really follow foodball... Games are too long, there's no puck... As my fave hockey blogger, The Royal Half would say, "Do it on ice, then I'll be impressed". Then I was introduced to this little guy...


of the A photo posted by Rufio Fauria (@lil_rufio) on
The Detroit Lion's Tight End Joseph Fauria's new pomsky pup is the cutest darn professional sport pup ever. It's partially about the Instagram commentary, I believe composed by Fauria himself, is full of wit and playfulness. I want a Rufio of my own.

SUBSCRIPTION BOX CLOSET
Have been getting a few great shipments from Stitch Fix and finally got sucked in the Golden Tote November box. Fortunately for my closet, unfortunately for my wallet, most of the shipments have been winners.  Lucy is succeeding in her daily goal of tricking me into spending money...

No comments:

Post a Comment